Google Gadgets and RSS Feeds
Google Gadgets™ make your Web pages more dynamic and interesting by placing important information at your members fingertips. ACS Technologies offers two unique and useful Google Gadgets geared specifically to help organizations: Small Group Metrics and My Church Life.
The Small Group Metrics Google Gadget provides church leaders with an overview of the growth and attendance of their Small Groups. The My Church Life Google Gadget lets church staff members view information relevant to their needs in the organization.
Before you can begin using Google Gadgets, you must sign up for an iGoogle™ home page through Google. For more information on creating an iGoogle home page, click here.
To add ACS Technologies Google Gadgets to your iGoogle homepage
- Log in to your personalized iGoogle home page, then click Add Stuff.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Add feed or gadget. In the field, enter the appropriate URL for the gadget you want to add:
- My Church Life — http://gadgets.acstechnologies.com/mychurchlife/google.xml
- Small Group Metrics — http://gadgets.acstechnologies.com/smallgroups/google.xml
- Click Add.
- At the top of the page, click Back to iGoogle home. The new gadget displays on your iGoogle home page.
You are required to enter your username, password, and site number the first time you use the gadget. After you enter this information you will not have to enter it again. Google stores the information for quick and easy login.
If you haven't been using these gadgets, give them a try!
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS Feeds let you subscribe to content from Web sites that use RSS capable programs. Web sites with RSS feeds generally display or to indicate they have a RSS feed to subscribe to.
To add a RSS Feed to your iGoogle homepage
- Locate the page you want to feed information from. For example, http://www.extendplatform.com/packages.
- Click the RSS feed icon in the Address bar.
- Copy the URL. In this example the URL is http://www.extendplatform.com/packages/_webfeed.
- Log in to your personalized iGoogle home page, then click Add stuff.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Add feed or gadget.
- Enter the URL for the RSS Feed you want to add, then click Add.
Future Google Gadgets
ACS Technologies is dedicated to keeping you up-to-date with the latest organization management software and tools. We are currently working on more Google Gadgets to help you run your organization and keep your members knowledgeable.
Gadgets In Development
- Desktop Notifier
- Many, many more!
Keep checking back with us to see what new Google Gadgets we are working on next. New Google Gadgets are also announced in the Release Notes with each new update. To view current and past Release Notes, click here.